Facebook is by far the most useful way of growing your audience. Creating a FB page is almost mandatory for any candidate who wishes to get elected.
This is a very simple walk through, it assumes that you already have a personal Facebook page. When you create this new page, you will be the administrator on it. Be careful what you post, and always make sure your posting something using the correct identity. (i.e. “Post as”)
Create a new page, Click on the photos to make them larger and easier to see.
1) Click on your name to get to your home page.
2) Click on the small down arrow. Look for the “Create Page” option and,
3) Click on it.
5) A small pop-up will open and ask you to select what type you are. Select “Political Organization”
6) Enter the name that your page will use as a title. Keep it short. you can use the same name for your page in step # 10.
7) Click “Get Started”
9) If you have have a web site, put it here. (I recommend calling up your web site in a new tab, then highlight and copy the entire URL, then paste it here.
Your URL will look something like this “http://www.yournameontheballot.com/”
10) VERY IMPORTANT – The name of your Facebook page. You might want to use the name you entered in step 6.
Click “Save Info”
11) Add your Profile picture. This is the square picture that will appear on all your posts. Its in a 200×200 pixel format. Visit other sites to get an idea of what it looks like. You can change this later if you don’t like it.
12) You can either “Skip” the Profile and add it later, or “Save Photo”.
13) “Add to Favorites” is next, This places this page on your “Favorites” list.
14) “Preferred Audience”, Complete this, it helps Facebook figure out who you would like to see your page.
15) Congratulations – You have a Facebook page – You can add a banner photo, try and keep this around 1200 x 400 pixels. Facebook will allow you to crop and move the photo, give it a try.
16) IMPORTANT – Once your happy, make sure to invite your friends… This can take a while but this is the first step in building your Facebook audiance.